Service and Maintenance
Service and Maintenance Regulations – What you need to know.
As a provider of security and access control solutions, it is our obligation to inform you of EC laws, and updates to laws, relating to the operation of automated access equipment and the potential liability issues that would arise in the event of human injury or death as a result of faulty, and bad maintained equipment.
To Summarise the Salient Points Relating to these Legal Requirements:
In accordance with The Supply Of Machinery (Safety) Regulations, it is a requirement that the end user/customer of all industrial doors and automated systems shall establish a fully documented maintenance regime in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
The European Community Commission has declared that all AUTOMATIC CLOSING SYSTEMS (motorised gates and doors etc.) are governed by the Machine Directives 1 and must comply with the CE, EN12453 standard (and the corresponding CE, EN12445 relative to testing and measurement) determine the requirements for the automatic closing system and furnish indications as to how dangerous situations can be avoided or reduced according to the following methods:
- Respecting the safety measurements
- The minimum protection level and force limitation
- Detecting presence and using safety devices
- Resistance to breakage and failure
- Documents to be handed over to the client must contain the following:
- The operating instructions for the safe use of the system
- Normal maintenance instructions
- The declaration of approval
- The maintenance register
- It is also a requirement of British Standards (BS12453) that a bi-annual service of safety systems be carried out by a competent body.
- It is, therefore, imperative that you ensure that every one of your company’s sites fitted with any form of automated access equipment, without exception, is issued with a maintenance regime compliant with European Community Commission directives
To find out more about our security installation maintenance and support packages, please contact us.Follow@csssecsystems
As a business owner you are legally obliged to ensure that all necessary precautions are in place and neglecting your fire safety responsibilities could lead to severe financial penalties or imprisonment.
We’ve installed restricted door access systems in all types of business properties and premises throughout Chesterfield, plus surrounding areas in Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and Derbyshire.
CSS Security Systems security windows and doors are individually manufactured to a high standard and are hand finished to the most stringent European and UK standards. There can be no compromise.
If you are looking at the highest levels of protection for your home or business, this will necessarily start at the perimeter with security gates barriers and fencing. Your system will be entirely bespoke.
We can also take over maintenance and servicing of existing security systems that have previously been installed and supported by other security companies. Servicing is also available for customers who do not have a maintenance contract.